Natural cleaning wipes are extremely convenient and great to have on hand when you are cleaning surfaces. Here’s a quick tutorial on how to make your own cleaning wipes with essential oils from DōTerra.
Most commercial cleaning wipes are made of harsh chemicals and fragrances which can be unsafe for your family and the environment. When cleaning your surfaces, the oils that are used in this solution are actually the best at cleaning your surfaces and giving you peace of mind.
If you worry about the chemicals that are in cleaning wipes these days, stop the worry and make your own cleaning wipes today. Making your own wipes is easy, fun, effective, and affordable. The items that are needed for this are probably already in your house – so let’s get started!
Here’s what you need to make your cleaning wipes:
- 1 roll premium paper towels
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons fractionated coconut oil
- 3 drops On Guard Protective Blend
- 3 drops Lemon essential oil
- 1-2 tablespoons On Guard Foaming Hand Wash
- An airtight storage container
Instructions for making cleaning wipes:
- Cut paper towel in half widthwise with a serrated or electric knife. Use half the roll now, and half later. Combine water, fractionated coconut oil, essential oils, and On Guard Foaming Hand Wash in a small bowl.
- Next, you will need to combine water, fractionated coconut oil, essential oils, and On Guard Foaming Hand Wash in a small bowl. You can use a measuring cup as pictured as well. It just needs to be something that you will be able to mix the fluid up a bit before putting the mix into and on the wipes.
- When you are done with mixing the ingredients, the next step will be to find a container that will be suitable for the wipes to be stored in for the duration. One that you can close off to keep the moisture inside and away from the outside air. When you have that figured out and situated,
- you can then start to pour the mixture over the paper towels and then cover with the airtight lid letting the mixture absorb for 10 minutes. This is the first half of applying the mixture to the cleaning wipes.
This is a good example of a container used for making the cleaning wipes. See the next photo for step 2 in soaking.
This is the next step in soaking the wipes. Turn the container upside down for another 10 minutes.
Remove and discard the cardboard in the middle of the roll. Now, when you need a wipe, just pull them from the center when you are ready to use.
Finished product waiting for your first use!
Now go and be bold in clean the world around your house and anywhere you choose, because it’s a safe and more effective way to clean the world around you!
If you do not have a way to order your DōTerra Essential oils, click the link below and you will be able to get your own oils for better health. Here’s another really good tip on using essential oils around your house